Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sign Language

You know when you see a picture and a memory comes back to you and then you think...why in the world did I remember that just by looking at this simple little interior design photo?
Well just now I looked at this picture....
And those two little beds made me think of when Dev and I got our wisdom teeth pulled. They did us at the same time (or maybe one after the other?) and then we slept off the anesthesia on these little beds. I was on the left and Dev was on the right. When we woke up, we couldn't speak for fear of what had been done to us and also because our mouths were filled up with cotton. So we did sign language to each other.
Are you okay?
Yes, I'm okay.
What a nice way to wake up.

1 comment:

Tom/Rhonda said...

And then I came to pick you up! I was perplexed that you were signing to each other...as you both looked goofy as all get out, still loopy from anesthesia. What really cracked me up was that the dental assistant started translating for me! She knew sign language because her younger brother was deaf! You asked if you could use a straw to drink and when and what you could eat. I can see you both on those couches clear as a bell :)